Hoss' Surgery and Recovery

Monday, June 7, 2010

Neurosurgeon visit

Hoss had his first visit with the Neurosurgeon this morning.  Dr. Morris gave more detailed information on the surgery procedure, got us rolling with the blood bank donation process, and answered my questions and concerns.  No surgery date still!  He will be scheduling that with the craniologist hopefully very soon, I know everyone is anxious to mark the date on there calender, as am I.

A few things I learned today from our visit; Dr. Morris does this procedure about 9 times a year, so it is a fairly common procedure for him.  Hoss's head growth is in the 95th percentile, so his brain is growing great!  The surgery (incision) will not increase risk for head injury while playing sports.  Nursing should be just fine after surgery, and we can donate blood for him (hopefully compatible)! 

That is it for now and I will update when we get the surgery date and go to the blood bank.  I need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Eheret the cranio guy again but we won't see the neurosurgeon until surgery day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment