Hoss' Surgery and Recovery

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Night Before Surgery

I can't believe tomorrow is the day, it is extremely hard to grasp the reality of it.

The day starts early, we will arrive at the hospital at 6am for check in and will be with Hoss until 8am for surgery prep.  Prep will take 2-2 1/2 hours and then surgery will begin and take another 3 to 3 1/2 hours.  He will go into the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) for at least the first night.  They will move him to the regular pediatric level after that for the next few day, going home on Saturday.  I have my bags packed and will be staying with him at the hospital.  I just found out that I get free meals since I am nursing and there will be a bathroom with a shower in his room. 

I will be updating the blog if and when I have access to a computer.  I am so thankful to everyone who has been thinking and praying for us during all this.  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment