Hoss' Surgery and Recovery

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Update

Well things are moving along for us,  it is hard to believe the original date is coming up this week.  I have been feeling more anxious and scared about the surgery and recovery lately.  It's really hard to grasp the reality of it and how it will all play out.  It definitely has me holding on to Hoss a little tighter, I wish he didn't have to go through this.  It really is upsetting!

I am still trying to figure out the whole blood banking/donation situation.  The hospital didn't record Hoss' blood type so that makes it a little harder to find a donor for him.  Even though I am a universal donor, I don't think I am comfortable donating to him.  The risk of graft vs host disease is rare but also deadly if a blood relative donates and I just can't deal with the risk over my head.  I know it will work out it is just one of those things that needs to fall into place soon.

I read an update on the sweet boy Dean Wilhelm (same procedure) and am happy to report everything is going great!  His healing took him about 3 weeks to get back to normal, his headshape looks great, and he is doing everything a 9m old should! 

I wanted to show some pictures of Hoss' head shape, I just got these uploaded from my nice digital camera but they are a couple months old.  You can see how his head looks like a shape of a football. 




No comments:

Post a Comment