Hoss' Surgery and Recovery

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Surgery Day

Praise the Lord, surgery was a success!

Last night it was so hard for me to go to sleep, I didn't want to wake-up and have it be "the day".  I managed to sleep great though, awoke to my alarm at 3:40am for Hoss's final meal before surgery.   We arrived for check-in at 6am and things moved along fairly quickly.  Hoss was so brave when they put the IV in him, he barely fussed at all.  My mom, the nurse, and I sang Jesus loves me while he was poked.  He loves that song, sister Sophia sings it to him all the time.  He was really tired from being up so early and snuggled right into me and fell asleep while we waited for the nurse to take him back to the surgery room. I let loose the tears when I handed him over.

My dad, mom, Grant, and I waited patiently in the waiting room.  We were updated at 10am that Hoss didn't cry at all when they took him into the room, the nurse said he was very calm!  It was at 11am that we got the ALL DONE!  We met with the Dr's and they said everything went perfect and Hoss was already breathing on his own and rubbing his eyes.  I cannot tell you how excited and anxious I was to know it was over and everything went great!  I couldn't wait to see him give him kiss and let him know that I was there.  It was about a 2 hr wait from then though until he moved from recovery to the PICU.

Hoss looks really great right now, he has hardly any swelling right now, but I have been warned that will change.  He opened his eyes once and looked at Grant and I and it really did just break my heart because of the way he look at me and then broke into a cry.  I comforted him and he was so groggy and tired and fell back into sleep.  He doing pretty good but I know the pain is there and it really really hard to see him push out tears and moan when he is bothered by the nurses.  Everyday will bring less pain and I am praying it happens fast.

I will be staying bedside tonight and for the rest of  the time.  In the PICU it is not meant for bedside sleeping and there isn't a bathroom for my use in the PICU at all.  They were not even suppose to let me stay but got the message that I would be "staying" in the wooden rocker without sleep if I must.  So when I arrived back they had a chair that pulled out into a bed for me ; )  I can't leave that boy, he's my baby. 

I am using a computer on a different floor right now and will update when I can and when someone can be with Hoss while I am gone.

Thank you for your support, prayers, thoughts, and love!!!  Keep praying for his pain and for the swelling to be minimal.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment